Times Past

Sir,
     I perceive with astonishment and regret that Mr. Barnes and his cohorts are to be allowed use of the town hall for their future meetings.
If Mr. Barnes were a conscientious advocate of any form of Christian belief, I should be sorry to raise my voice against him or his actions, but when it is notorious that he is the author of grossly offensive publications and that the avowed object of his so called lectures is to advocate these publications and to libel, vilify and traduce the religion it’s practices and observances, I do think it unfair that a public property should be let for such an entertainment.
Will you permit me therefore to thus publicly record my protest at such a violation of the trust and confidence we place in your hands.
Also, the man is a mother-fucker.

Yours etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment